1. Your Consent is Important to Us
You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your Personal Data or to withdraw your consent to K Box processing your Personal Data. However, do note that failure to provide such Personal Data or a withdrawal of your consent for us to process your Personal Data may result in K Box being unable to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
If you should withdraw your consent to the processing or handling of your Personal Data in respect of any purpose which we may reasonably consider to be essential in order for us to provide you with the products and/or services requested/applied for, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship which may be in place between us. Furthermore, we shall be entitled to treat such withdrawal as your termination of any account/agreement which you may have with us, without prejudice to any rights and remedies which we may have at law against you by reason of such termination.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing and for avoidance of doubt, upon the termination or expiry of your contractual relationship with us (howsoever caused), we may still continue using or disclosing your Personal Data as may be necessary, required, authorised or permitted for compliance with applicable laws or as may be requested by the relevant regulatory bodies, government agencies, statutory boards, administrative bodies, authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes to which we may be subject, whether situated locally or overseas.
2. Personal Data
To ensure we are able to successfully deliver our products and services to you, the Personal Data we collect is required in order to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with the Personal Data requested, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
In certain circumstances, if you wish not to provide us with your Personal Data, you may still purchase our products and services at our branches (but not K Box’s online services).
3. Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect your Personal Data in various ways which include but are not limited to the following, such as:
- from you; when you voluntarily provide to us or to third party service provider(s) engaged by us;
- from your browser; when you visit our website and your browser interacts with us (IP Address & Cookies);
- when you use our apps, website online services or our social site (including but not limited to bookings, signup and any online accounts established with us);
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you sign up as a member at any K Box branch;
- when you voluntarily provide any K Box entities through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in any K Box branch;
- from our analysis of your transactions (including but not limited to deposit, payment or purchases);
- when you participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our competitions or promotions;
- when you submit a job application;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with your user account or job applications, for example, from your ex-employer and the relevant authorities;
- when we use CCTVs, telephones and other forms of recording devices for image and voice-recording; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us.
4. Purpose of processing your Personal Data
Generally, we collect, use, retain and disclose your Personal Data to operate K Box’s website, deliver the products and/or services you have requested, and for administrative purpose (e.g. processing, confirming, fulfilling and completing your transactions and requests for our products and services). The purposes of processing your Personal Data are as follows (including but not limited to K Box’s online services, mobile application (e.g. Apple Apps) or users of social media platforms who have reached out to K Box):
- responding to your queries and requests; (including but not limited to checking your balance of K Point(s), or booking records);
- verifying your membership status (expired or non-expired of your membership);
- providing you with the products and services which you have requested, including redemption, administering membership cards (including but not limited to process membership card applications, administering loyalty programmes, update of your membership particulars, card replacement and cancellation);
- managing the administrative and business operations of K Box and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- providing customer servicing (including but not limited to emailing services, mailing services, reconciliation services and providing customer satisfaction services);
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- conducting analytics with regard to products and services which you might be interested in;
- administering contests, lucky draws and competitions;
- organising promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects (including but not limited to taking pictures and recording your video/audio feedback and testimony in relation thereto);
- providing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by K Box or other third parties;
- sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you;
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer location, preferences and demographics for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programmes;
- meeting or complying with any applicable laws, regulations, directives, rules, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which K Box may be subject to, whether local or overseas (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation);
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and
- any other purpose reasonably related to any of the above.
If you submit an application to us as a candidate for employment, K Box also collect, uses, retains and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- conducting interviews;
- processing your application (including pre-recruitment checks involving your qualifications);
- providing or obtaining employee references and for background screening;
- evaluating and assessing your suitability for the position applied for; and
- any other purposes reasonably related to any of the above.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, K Box may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers) as well as details of other products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you .
In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use, retain or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use, retain and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, we will require some time to process your withdrawal request. During this period of time you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the accounts, facilities or services that you hold or have subscribed to with K Box.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data
In order to provide you with effective and continuous products and services, and for the purposes listed above (where applicable), your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following parties:
- entities within K Box including our head office and any of its branches, representative offices, subsidiaries, related corporations and affiliates;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and/or reinsurance to K Box;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to K Box, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology (including but not limited to web hosting, management & maintenance of web application and administering of member data), payment, payroll, processing, training, survey, market research, storage, archival or other services to K Box;
- vendors and other third party service providers in connection with promotions, online campaigns, products and services offered by K Box;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- financial institutions, banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional advisers such as financial advisors, auditors and lawyers;
- relevant regulatory bodies, government agencies, statutory boards, administrative bodies, authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes to which K Box may be subject, whether situated locally or overseas;
- online payment gateway organisations and their respective banks in relation to payments;
- external business, referral and charity partners in relation to the marketing and promotion of products, redemptions, corporate promotional events; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
6. Other Websites
7. Retaining your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any legal, regulatory, accounting or business purposes or to protect K Box’s interest.
9. Access and correction of your Personal Data
We rely on you to ensure that your Personal Data submitted to us is complete and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested/applied for.
If there are any changes to your Personal Data or if you believe that the Personal Data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your Personal Data.
You can access your Personal Data including but limited to viewing or updating your Personal Data through K Box’s online services. If you do not have any online account established with us, you may go to any of our branches to update your Personal Data with us. We require your up-to-date Personal Data in order to serve you better.
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that third party to notify K Box to make any correction requests on your behalf.
10. Disclaimer of liability
You understand and agree that K Box shall under no circumstances be held responsible or liable for situations where your Personal Data is accessed, collected, used, disclosed, altered, misused or destroyed by third parties through illegal or illicit means which is beyond the reasonable control of K Box. K Box disclaims all liability whatsoever for any loss, alteration, destruction or disclosure to any third party whomsoever, of any of your Personal Data or other data caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of K Box. For the purposes of this clause, matters beyond the reasonable control of K Box includes access by third parties whether through illegal or illicit means or other means otherwise howsoever, including situations of access by exploitation of security gaps, inherent flaws or weakness in the Internet, or in any network, software or hardware used by K Box.
11. Contact us
Telephone: +65 6742 3113
Postal Address: 61 Ubi Avenue 1 UB Point #03-14 Singapore 408941